collaborative business relationships for more productive partnerships
Business relationship managers evolve culture, build strategic partnerships, and drive value. As a BRM, share ownership with your business partners of business strategy and business value results. Learn how to advance your organization’s business relationship management (BRM) capability by cultivating the competencies to evolve culture beyond single accountability to shared ownership and foster effective business value-producing relationships.
The Business Relationship Management Professional (BRMP®) certification allows delegates to understand the BRM role and create awareness of it in their organisation. They will also be able to look at current relationships in their business and identify where improvements can be made.
The BRMP® training and certification program is intended as a comprehensive foundation for Business Relationship Managers at every experience level, with the training and certification designed to provide a solid baseline level of knowledge.
License Duration:150 Days/5 MonthsCPD’/PDU’s: 20 knowledge.
The CBRM® Practitioner Qualification is intended for the intermediate-to-advanced Business Relationship Manager, as it focuses on advancing to the role of Strategic Business Relationship Manager. As such, the primary focus is on strategic business relationship management, leveraged to optimize business value to the enterprise.
The purpose of the Practitioner qualification is to confirm whether the candidate has achieved sufficient understanding and competence to perform the role of Strategic Business Relationship Manager.
License Duration:150 Days/5 MonthsCPD’/PDU’s: 20
- Lead with business as peers by playing a proactive role in shaping business strategy and sharing ownership for business results.
- Use Portfolio Management disciplines and techniques to optimize realized business value.
- Understand the principles of effective and persuasive communication.
- Module 1: An overview of BRM
- Module 2: Strategic partnering
- Module 3: Business IQ
- Module 4: Portfolio Management
- Module 5: Business transition management
- Module 6: Provider domain knowledge
- Module 7: Powerful communication
- Module 8: Exam preparation
- Includes: 50% off membership of the Business Relationship Management Institute when buying our course
- Module 1: Introduction to CBRM
- Module 2: Understanding Business Relationship Maturity and Value – Look at the Strategic BRM role, BRM Impact on Business Value and how BRMs work with other Business Partner Providers
- Module 3: Assessing BRM Context – Assessing business demand, relationships, capabilities and competencies
- Module 4: Developing Strategic Relationships - planning, persuasion and politics
- Module 5: Optimising Business Value – Innovation, management, governance, planning and optimisation
- Module 6: Revision and exam prep
Anyone working or looking to work in a business relationship environment, such as buyers, sales teams and customer service advisors. However, it may also be of use to business owners, project managers and others involved in business processes.
What will you Learn?
Holders of the BRM Institute Business Relationship Professional (BRMP) credentials will be able to demonstrate their understanding of:
- The characteristics of the BRM role.
- What it means to perform as a strategic partner, contributing to business strategy formulation and shaping business demand for the provider’s services.
- How Portfolio Management disciplines and techniques are used to maximize realized business value.
- Business Transition Management and the conditions for successful change programs that minimize value leakage.
The BRM role in Service Management and alignment of services and service levels with business needs.
- Multiple Choice format
- 50 questions per paper
- 25 mark or more required to pass (out of 50 available) - 50%
- 40 minute duration
- Closed book
- Business Managers.
- IT Managers.
- Customer Relationship Manager.
- External Partners.
- Provider Managers.
- Function Owners.
- Those with a Business Relationship Management role or position.
- Consultants looking to gain an insight into Business Relationship Management and looking to gain certification as a Business Relationship Manager.
What will you Learn?
The successful candidate will demonstrate deep understanding and ability to perform the Strategic BRM role. Specifically, the candidate will:
- Effectively communicate the purpose and objectives of the Strategic BRM role and how to optimally position that role for maximum effectiveness within the enterprise
- Understand how to use their personal power and influence to build business relationships and foster a culture that excels at business value results
- Apply the Strategic Relationship Management processes and techniques to build and sustain trust relationships spanning Business Partner and Provider networks
- Be able to assess Business Demand Maturity and Business Relationship Maturity and how these might evolve over time
- Be able to assess Provider Capability Maturity and BRM Competencies and identify key areas needing improvement
- Be able to apply cross-organization communication techniques to clearly articulate real Provider/business value delivered to the organization
- Be able to influence executive leaders in their use of Provider Capabilities and Assets based upon potential business value and convergence with business strategy
- Promote and catalyze business innovation in the Provider’s sphere of influence
- Be able to use the Business Value Management process, techniques and metrics to define, realize and optimize the value of Provider capabilities and assets
- Apply Business Partner Experience Management so as to foster a positive Business Partner perception of Provider capabilities as an essential element of building and sustaining trust relationships
- Shape strategic agendas for optimum business value, with due consideration of external compliance requirements and potential risks to the business
- Understand the implications of Lean/Agile methods for the BRM role and capability
- Influence the development and deployment of available Provider capabilities based upon business need and potential to enable or create business value. Apply Business Capability Management to determine and acquire enabling capabilities pursuant to strategic outcomes
- Apply Business Capability Management to determine and acquire enabling capabilities pursuant to strategic outcomes
- Contribute to Business Transition Management in order to foster organizational understanding, support, adoption, and business value results of investments in new business capabilities
- Business Relationship Management Professional (BRMP) certificate.
Certified Business Relationship Manager® (CBRM®) is a certification that acknowledges your practical knowledge attained through training, practice, and experience. CBRM® Professionals are recognized and desired by employers because they are polished in their BRM skills, produce results, and can help develop others. The CBRM® is for experienced BRM practitioners. To enroll in the CBRM® course and sit for the corresponding certification exam, candidates must demonstrate that they have a solid grasp of the BRM fundamentals by first submitting a copy of their official BRMP® certificate.
- Objective testing
- 4 questions – 20 question items per question, each worth one mark
- 40 marks or more required to pass (out of 80 available) – 50%
- 2,5 hours duration
- Open Book exam (CBRM Guide only)
Please complete the enrolment form and we will send you an invoice.